London is spoilt for choice of places to eat, and millions of options of delicious food to order. Chatting with a few fellow bloggers recently, we were having fun coming up with our own lists of London most iconic dishes.
Here is my shortlist of the dishes I believe are the most talked about, most Instagrammed, grabbed my attention (and of course taste delicious!) in the last year.
No list can ever be definitive, chefs come and go, dishes disappear, new venues open. But I think this can be a good start.
Do share your suggestions with me, so that I can keep my list up-to-date!
London most iconic dishes (in no particular order):
- Burger & Lobster – Burger & Lobster
- Buttermilk fried chicken and pine salt – The Clove Club
- Meat fruit (mandarin, chicken liver and foie gras parfait) – Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
- Venison puffs – Yauatcha
- Corn bread – The Lockhart
- Duck and waffle – Duck & Waffle
- Beef wellington – Rules Restaurant
- Salt beef Bagel -Beigel Shop
- Fried Lemons – Morito
- Dulce de leche beignets with foie gras – Rita’s Dining
- Apple pie foie gras – Smokehouse
- Nutella ricotta pizza ring – Pizza Pilgrims
- Pop corn ice cream and smoked fudge sauce – Barnyard
- Nitrogen Ice cream – The Chin Chin Laboratorists
- Le Snickers cake – Poppy & Sebastian
- Bacon Naan – Dishoom
- Iberico Burger – Opera tavern
- Fritto Misto – L’Anima
- Fried Pecorino – Polpetto
- £3.50 pizza – ICCO
- Chilli cheese fries – MEATMission
- Chantilly Doughnuts – St John Bakery
- £1 espresso – Algerian Coffee Stores
- Welsh rarebit – The Wolseley
- Octopus Olivo – Lima
- Breakie dog – Bubbledogs
- Peas and mint granita – Dabbous
- Royal cheung fun – Royal China
- Pasteis de Nata – Lisboa Patisserie
- Courgette flowers – Salt Yard
- Fried Oysters – Well and Bucket
Click here to see my interactive map! (still a work in progress – as I haven’t managed to embed it in WordPress, so for now, it’s available as a public Google Map).