Last week I published my ‘London’s Top 30 Most Iconic Dishes’ and hit a record high of traffic to the blog :). This inspired me to stage a blog-take over, giving a few of London’s most influential bloggers and Instagramers the chance to share their favourite dishes and hotspots.
To kick this all off in style I couldn’t really have asked anyone but top food Instagramer Clerkenwell Boy to celebrate London’s most iconic dishes.
Choosing just 30 dishes is too hard… here’s my list!
- Barrafina – Jamon Croquettes (oozing with liquid goodness)
- Bistrot Bruno Loubet – *THAT* Beetroot Ravioli
- Bone Daddies Ramen Bar – Dipping Noodles with Grilled Pork, Oozing Egg and Cockscratchings
- Bread Ahead (Borough Market) – *THE ULTIMATE* Doughnuts (vanilla custard or caramel crème w/ salted honeycomb)
- Breddos – *THOSE* slow roasted chipotle beef Tacos
- Burger & Lobster – Lobster Roll
- Chiltern Firehouse – Iberico Pork (by Nuno Mendes)
- Clove Club – Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Pine Salt (ask for Kimchee on the side)
- Dabbous – Coddled Egg with Mushrooms & Smoked Butter
- Dinner by Heston – *THAT* Tipsy Cake (order on arrival)
- Dishoom – Bacon & Egg Naan (Ginger Pig Ltd bacon, ask for extra green chillies)
- Duck & Waffle – Duck & Waffle (obviously)… + everything else!
- Ember Yard – Hot-smoked Old Spot pork belly with a Basque cider glaze (to share, or not to share…)
- Four Seasons (Chinatown) – Roast Duck (de-boned upon request)
- Gelupo – Bonnet Gelato (chocolate, coffee, egg yolk, rum, caramel and amaretti)
- Hansen & Lydersen – *THAT* Smoked Salmon
- Hawksmoor Spitalfields Bar – Pig’s Head Poutine (washed down with a butter-infused “Full Fat Old Fashioned”)
- Hutong – *THAT* Peking Duck (soak in the amazing views whilst your there!)
- Koya / Koya Bar – Tempura Udon (or whatever is on the specials board)
- L’Anima – Wild mushroom fettucine with copious amounts of black truffle
- Morito – Beetroot Borani (and everything else!)
- Typing Room – Suckling Pig washed down with a Vesgroni from Peg + Patriot
- Polpo – Fritto Misto (…plus obligitory Negroni)
- Quality Chop House – *THOSE* Confit Potatoes
- Sager + Wilde – Cheese Toastie (with a very large glass of wine of course)
- St John Bread & Wine – Freshly baked Madeleines
- Sushi Tetsu – Seared Otoro (fatty tuna) Nigiri Sushi
- The Lockhart – *THAT* Cornbread
- The Modern Pantry – Sugar cured prawn omelette with chilli sambal
- Yauatcha – The *BEST* Prawn Toast in the World